Monday, May 10, 2010

Bloggers' Tour of City Hall


Some local bloggers have been asking me for long time if I would do a bloggers-only tour of City Hall.

On Saturday I showed about 20 bloggers my home away from home, including some of the unique architectural elements (can you find an upside-down artichoke? a whimsical, mustachioed face? a castle?) and provided a lot of historical background information.

Then we went across the street to CPK for some pizza.

Bloggers who couldn't make it on Saturday are asking for a rain check. We'll do it again someday, I promise!


Many thanks to Brigham Yen (top row, second from left) for the photo and Mike of the Cafe Pasadena blog (bottom row, second from right) for all the moral support!

7 comments:

Irina Netchaev said...

Ann, what a wonderful hostess you are. I've learned so much about Pasadena's history and the nooks and crannies of the city hall.

likenarnia said...

yes, please rain check. i was helping a friend move and i have no doubt the blogger gathering would have proven more fun : )

ben wideman said...

Fun times! Glad to be a part of it all.

Cafe Pasadena said...

The only thing I did Ann for this latest blogger get together was take you by the hand and, finally,... drag you outta your office to show us around the resta your place of employment!

You taught us a brunch of interesting little hidden gems about Pasadena & its Citihall history.

Before we go back to Citihall, I'm thinking about those other places first, and I think Irina is willing to lead (with moral support) a blogger gathering too!

Another thing I appreciated about your event were the mostly new faces who came out to their 1st blogger gathering!

Again - THANKS for your time, patience, coming to work on your Sat day-off, etc, PIO!! It's amazing what a pizza will buy.

PasaDeena said...

Sorry I missed the tour Ann. I would also love to take a rain check.

Petrea Burchard said...

What a great group! I recognize a few faces. It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. You are a generous PIO, Ann.

Daily life through the lens said...

Thanks Ann, for all the interesting things and facts learned from you, for now on every time I'll step by city hall I'll remember this tour.